ALTHOM Engineering E.P.E.
ALTHOM is a high performing service provider in the fields of Engineering, R&D, Tech data & Technical Documentation, Process, Methods and Tools consulting & development, with locations in Germany and Greece.
As a Mechanical Design Engineer you will join a cross-functional team of development engineers within our company, being in close cooperation with the client R&D group. Your key objective is to develop fully functional technical solutions for lightweight aircraft components, perform design changes and align with external and internal interfaces.
Full time, in Patras, Western Greece
Position Summary & Key Responsibilities
- Develop technical solutions and concepts for complex aircraft parts, assemblies and mechanisms
- Analyze all mechanical design aspects of the equipment, subassemblies, and components
- Provide mechanical engineering expertise, while focusing on design quality, reliability, effective cost, and ease of manufacturing
- Produce design objects according to given design specifications
- Perform kinematic calculations for assemblies with moving parts/mechanisms
- Selection of aeronautical materials according to load range requirements, application, fatigue and service life criteria
- Preparation of documents for the qualification of materials and structures, definitions and methods of tests
- Verify and Validate multiple design configurations
- Interpret analysis results coming from simulation (FE) team
- Prepare presentations and reports of design concepts, methods, and test results for internal and external customers
- Participate in design reviews
- Document engineering change notes
- Degree in Mechanical Engineering (Msc/Meng, Bsc)
- 2+ years of experience in mechanical design/development positions
- At least 2+ years of experience with CATIA V5
- Able to perform both 2D and 3D design modeling
- Professional experience in the development, design, calculation, qualification and verification of components, preferably in aircraft structural systems
- Background in parametric 3D design
- Fair background in FE methods
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills, including specification development
- Knowledge of German will be considered as a strong plus
- Background in design of lightweight aeronautic components will be a plus
- Flexible and open minded with good communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and to meet the required deadlines
Additional Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive remuneration package based on qualifications
- A vibrant, friendly, and highly motivating working environment
- Opportunities for training and professional development
- Opportunity to get involved in an applied industrial project dealing with cutting edge and disruptive technologies
If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly send your CV in English to firstname.lastname@example.org quoting CATIA_DEV into the subject line.
All information received will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an email@example.com