ALTHOM Engineering E.P.E.
ALTHOM is a high performing service provider in the fields of Engineering, R&D, Tech data & Technical Documentation, Process, Methods and Tools consulting & development, with locations in Germany and Greece.
Currently, we are looking for an engineering researcher, possessing a strong scientific background in the areas of Additive Manufacturing Methods and Materials research and development, with an emphasis in Generative design and Lattice Structures design.
The researcher will be part of an international R&D team, involved in the development of innovative lattice structures, and specifically TPMS (Triply Periodic Minimal Surface) Structures for Additive Manufactured energy absorbing, shock resistant aeronautic components and systems.
Full time, in Patras, Western Greece
Position Summary & Key Responsibilities
- Develop, design and model TPMS Lattice Structures applying Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM) principles
- Evaluate TPMS patterns, textures and topologies to meet material requirements
- Verify and validate models, layouts, processes and methods for AM
- Propose new and innovative methods for part design by utilizing AM.
- Prepare presentations and reports of design concepts, methods, and test results for internal and external customers
- Liaise with manufacturing team to identify AM opportunities for optimization
- Receive and analyze DfAM feedback and coordinate builds with design iterations
- Support procurement efforts in correlation with overall project deadlines
- Sc. or Ph.D. in Mechanical Engineering, preferably Aeronautics, or similar field with specialty on Design for Additive Manufacturing (DfAM) and Material modeling
- Experience with CATIA V5, or similar 3D CAD system
- Experience in generative design programs, lattice engines and parametric modeling
- Experience with DfAM and its implementation in component design
- Knowledge of existing AM production techniques & methodologies, advantages & limitations
- Strong background in computational materials and understanding of complex material structures
- Numeric modeling techniques and concepts associated with lattice structures
- In-depth understanding in research data organization, analysis, validation and interpretation
- Creative thinking and innovation approach for solving complex and multidisciplinary technical problems
- Finite element analysis knowledge and understanding of the mechanical design for structural parts
- Excellent English oral and written communication skills, including specification development
- Knowledge of German will be considered as a strong plus
- Experience as developer in similar research projects
- Background in design of lightweight aeronautic materials will be a plus
- Flexible and open minded with good communication skills
- Able to work under pressure and to meet the required deadlines
Additional Benefits & Perks:
- Competitive remuneration package based on qualifications
- A vibrant, friendly, and highly motivating working environment
- Opportunities for training and professional development
- Opportunity to get involved in an applied industrial project dealing with cutting edge and disruptive technologies
If you are interested in applying for this position, kindly send your CV in English to email@example.com quoting AM_TPMS into the subject line.
All information received will be treated with strict confidentiality.
Um sich für diesen Job zu bewerben, sende deine Unterlagen per E-Mail an firstname.lastname@example.org